**PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Beta versions should be production ready but may not have all the features or a final user interface.
Bongo 2.0 Beta 5 is now available from http://download.rhino3d.com/Bongo/2.0/beta/download/
This is the fifth Beta version of Bongo 2.0 for Rhino 4.0 and 5.0. The beta is open – you no longer need Bongo 1.0 to run it. We’ve been working hard on this, and we think the new features are a great addition to the product, but there’s still some way to go, so please let us know if you find any bugs or if there are features that you think we should still be considering.The full documentation isn’t there yet, but you’ll find a number of tutorials on the new Bongo website at https://bongo3d.ning.com/ which demonstrates the power and flexibility of the new features.
Let me know if you find them useful!
New Features in Version 2.0:
- Mechanical constraints (Inverse Kinematics)
- Multiple animations per file
- New curve editor
- Improved UI including keyframe editor and timeline
- Parameter animation for materials, environments, sun, textures and many more features.
Rhino versions supported: Bongo 2.0 requires a Rhino 4.0 CD key on the download page. Bongo 2.0 Beta testing is limited to Rhino 4.0 and 5.0 users. Rhino 4.0 Service Release 5 or later is required to install Bongo 2.0 and can be downloaded from http://www.rhino3d.com/download.htm
Notes: Bongo 2.0 is a complete re-write of the Bongo plug-in. Most of the functionality of Bongo 1.0 has been replicated, but there may be some areas where Bongo 2.0 does not yet match the 1.0 functionality. Please let us know if you find these issues.Notes: This is the current beta release of Bongo 2.0 for Rhino. Bongo 2.0 will read Bongo 1.0 files, but will save Bongo 2.0 data only. This data cannot be read by Bongo 1.0, so please backup any files before using them in Bongo 2.0.
The complete list of changes in this Beta release is below:
2011-07-29: Public Beta 5
* Step Tweening
* Curve control and timeline synchronization improved.
* Curve control zoom and pan made more usable.
* Curve control grid drawing improved.
* Curve control got controls for zoom window, zoom extent and show/hide tree.
* Keyframe editor displays the sections correctly now.
* Keyframe editor border on edit boxes has been fixed for Windows 7.
* Crash bug fix which happend on complex parent-child setups (inherit settings).
* Timeline and keyframe editors keyframe synchronization improved.
* Rhino 4.0: Bongo UI updates when drag/drop a 3dm file onto Rhino.
* Minor bug fixes.
* IK: joint axis mixup fixed when multiple priority levels on joints;
* IK: Joint axis now enabled for rubberband and telescopic joints.
* 64-bit support for Video encoding from Render Animation command.
* 64-bit support for Bongo Video Texture.
Robert McNeel and Associates