**PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE**
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Beta versions should be production ready but may not have all the features or a final user interface.
Bongo 2.0 Beta 17 is now available from here.
This is the 17th Beta version of Bongo 2.0 for Rhino 4.0 and 5.0. The beta is open – you no longer need Bongo 1.0 to run it. We’ve been working hard on this, and we think the new features are a great addition to the product, but there’s still some way to go, so please let us know if you find any bugs or if there are features that you think we should still be considering.
The full documentation isn’t there yet, but you’ll find a number of tutorials on the new Bongo website at https://bongo3d.ning.com/ which demonstrates the power and flexibility of the new features. Let me know if you find them useful!
New Features in Version 2.0:
- Mechanical constraints (Inverse Kinematics)
- Multiple animations per file
- New curve editor
- Improved UI including keyframe editor and timeline
- Parameter animation for materials, environments, sun, textures and many more features.
Rhino versions supported: Rhino 5 or Rhino 4.0 Service Release 9 is required to install Bongo 2.0 and can be downloaded from http://www.rhino3d.com/download.htm
Notes: Bongo 2.0 is a complete re-write of the Bongo plug-in. Most of the functionality of Bongo 1.0 has been replicated, but there may be some areas where Bongo 2.0 does not yet match the 1.0 functionality. Please let us know if you find these issues.
Notes: This is the current beta release of Bongo 2.0 for Rhino. Bongo 2.0 will read Bongo 1.0 files, but will save Bongo 2.0 data only. This data cannot be read by Bongo 1.0, so please backup any files before using them in Bongo 2.0.
The complete list of changes in this Beta release is below:
2012-04-23: Public Beta 17
* MCL update to version 6.1.2
* Error tolerance can now be set per IK goal.
* Continues option for animation preview added to document properties.
* BongoAnimateEntity command.
* Added "All" option to the BongoDeleteKeyframe command.
* Bongo help (English only).
* "Remove animation" and "remove keyframes" has been added to context menu items in Animation Manager.
* Pressing F2 makes it possible to rename objects in the Animation Manager.
* "Expand all" context menu to items in the Animation Manager.
* Objects in animation manager are now sorted alphabetically.
* Default tweening tangent type can now be changed.
* String and UI changes made for localization and documentation.
* IK precalution step minimum set to 2.
* Timeline resetting when enabling/disabling animation limits problem fixed.
* Bongo commands wakes up Bongo when its set to sleep.
* Changes made to the Bongo SDK to allow future additions work smoother.
* Layers can now be selected in commands (e.g. BongoScaleKeyframe) for layer keyframe manipulation.
* Fixed a crash in BongoRenderFileCollection dialog when adding files.
* Fixed a crash when opening models with IK data.
* Render animation video output default type changed to WMV.
* BongoScaleKeyframe renamed to BongoScaleKeyframes.
* Color option changes to pivot path work now.
* Keyframe editor tree updates in "Show only animated properties" mode and new properties are added.
* Only one codec compression dialog allowed at a time.
* BongoNamedViewsAnimation command changed to BongoNamedViewsWizard.
* Fixed "View is animated" popup during rendering.
* Camera rotation accepts minus values.
* Camera rotation angle wrapping fixed.