**PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE**
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Beta versions should be production ready but may not have all the features or a final user interface.
Bongo 2.0 Beta 15 is now available from here.
This is the 15th Beta version of Bongo 2.0 for Rhino 4.0 and 5.0. The beta is open – you no longer need Bongo 1.0 to run it. We’ve been working hard on this, and we think the new features are a great addition to the product, but there’s still some way to go, so please let us know if you find any bugs or if there are features that you think we should still be considering.
The full documentation isn’t there yet, but you’ll find a number of tutorials on the new Bongo website at https://bongo3d.ning.com/ which demonstrates the power and flexibility of the new features. Let me know if you find them useful!
New Features in Version 2.0:
- Mechanical constraints (Inverse Kinematics)
- Multiple animations per file
- New curve editor
- Improved UI including keyframe editor and timeline
- Parameter animation for materials, environments, sun, textures and many more features.
Rhino versions supported: Rhino 5 or Rhino 4.0 Service Release 5 or later is required to install Bongo 2.0 and can be downloaded from http://www.rhino3d.com/download.htm
Notes: Bongo 2.0 is a complete re-write of the Bongo plug-in. Most of the functionality of Bongo 1.0 has been replicated, but there may be some areas where Bongo 2.0 does not yet match the 1.0 functionality. Please let us know if you find these issues.
Notes: This is the current beta release of Bongo 2.0 for Rhino. Bongo 2.0 will read Bongo 1.0 files, but will save Bongo 2.0 data only. This data cannot be read by Bongo 1.0, so please backup any files before using them in Bongo 2.0.
The complete list of changes in this Beta release is below:
2012-12-19: Public Beta 15
* Keyframe editor: keyframe selection highlights connected items in tree.
* Expression syntax errors extended.
* Crash fixed when timeline tick range defaults changed.
* Monitor edit boxes take global digits setting into account.
* Result box added to expression section.
* Implicit object angle expression calculation fixed.
* Fixed monitor and implicit ObjectAngle and WorldAngle jumps.
* Constraints removed from keyframe editor tree when target deleted from document.
* Properties shown in keyframe editor that have no keyframes but expressions when "Only show animated paramters" option is turned on.
* Version switch for Windows XP fixed.