**PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE**
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Beta versions should be production ready but may not have all the features or a final user interface.
Bongo 2.0 Beta 13 is now available from here.
This is the 13th Beta version of Bongo 2.0 for Rhino 4.0 and 5.0. The beta is open – you no longer need Bongo 1.0 to run it. We’ve been working hard on this, and we think the new features are a great addition to the product, but there’s still some way to go, so please let us know if you find any bugs or if there are features that you think we should still be considering.
The full documentation isn’t there yet, but you’ll find a number of tutorials on the new Bongo website at https://bongo3d.ning.com/ which demonstrates the power and flexibility of the new features. Let me know if you find them useful!
New Features in Version 2.0:
- Mechanical constraints (Inverse Kinematics)
- Multiple animations per file
- New curve editor
- Improved UI including keyframe editor and timeline
- Parameter animation for materials, environments, sun, textures and many more features.
Rhino versions supported: Bongo 2.0 requires a Rhino 4.0 CD key on the download page. Bongo 2.0 Beta testing is limited to Rhino 4.0 and 5.0 users. Rhino 4.0 Service Release 5 or later is required to install Bongo 2.0 and can be downloaded fromhttp://www.rhino3d.com/download.htm
Notes: Bongo 2.0 is a complete re-write of the Bongo plug-in. Most of the functionality of Bongo 1.0 has been replicated, but there may be some areas where Bongo 2.0 does not yet match the 1.0 functionality. Please let us know if you find these issues.
Notes: This is the current beta release of Bongo 2.0 for Rhino. Bongo 2.0 will read Bongo 1.0 files, but will save Bongo 2.0 data only. This data cannot be read by Bongo 1.0, so please backup any files before using them in Bongo 2.0.
The complete list of changes in this Beta release is below:
2012-10-25: Public Beta 13
* Animation manager started up empty in Rhino 5.0 -problem fixed.
* Keyframe editor tree note expanding state memorized and selection keeping improved.
* Keyframe editor has a general section now.
* Step tweening works with 3d parameters.
* Clipping bounding box calculation improved.
* Crash/hang fixed when objects were constraint to themselves. This could happen when using animation property match command.
* Morphing of curves fixed.
* Crash fixed when adding precalculated keyframes.
* MPEG fps check disabled when video creation disabled.
* Lock up fixed when previewing document with disabled animated entities.
* Disabled animated constrain targets taken into account now.
* RDK content flagged as surrogate (PlugIn owner of material not loaded) removed from animated object list.
* Keyframe dragging on timeline improved (speed).
* IK precalculation progress improved.
* Step tweening removed from 3d curve path.
* Fixed text disappearance in the Video encoder when resized.
* Video encoder output video file name is incremented when already available.
* NamedView restore command adds keyframe when animation mode on.
* NamedView restore command deleted user data on active view fixed.
* BongoDeleteObjectKeyframe command deleted the whole animation, now it only removes keyframes.
* General object properties section changed to have a row of command buttons.