**PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE**
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Beta versions should be production ready but may not have all the features or a final user interface.
Bongo 2.0 Beta 12 is now available from here.
This is the 12th Beta version of Bongo 2.0 for Rhino 4.0 and 5.0. The beta is open – you no longer need Bongo 1.0 to run it. We’ve been working hard on this, and we think the new features are a great addition to the product, but there’s still some way to go, so please let us know if you find any bugs or if there are features that you think we should still be considering.
The full documentation isn’t there yet, but you’ll find a number of tutorials on the new Bongo website at https://bongo3d.ning.com/ which demonstrates the power and flexibility of the new features. Let me know if you find them useful!
New Features in Version 2.0:
- Mechanical constraints (Inverse Kinematics)
- Multiple animations per file
- New curve editor
- Improved UI including keyframe editor and timeline
- Parameter animation for materials, environments, sun, textures and many more features.
Rhino versions supported: Bongo 2.0 requires a Rhino 4.0 CD key on the download page. Bongo 2.0 Beta testing is limited to Rhino 4.0 and 5.0 users. Rhino 4.0 Service Release 5 or later is required to install Bongo 2.0 and can be downloaded fromhttp://www.rhino3d.com/download.htm
Notes: Bongo 2.0 is a complete re-write of the Bongo plug-in. Most of the functionality of Bongo 1.0 has been replicated, but there may be some areas where Bongo 2.0 does not yet match the 1.0 functionality. Please let us know if you find these issues.
Notes: This is the current beta release of Bongo 2.0 for Rhino. Bongo 2.0 will read Bongo 1.0 files, but will save Bongo 2.0 data only. This data cannot be read by Bongo 1.0, so please backup any files before using them in Bongo 2.0.
Notes: The Bongo Video texture feature has not yet been implemented in the 64-bit version of Bongo 2.0.
The complete list of changes in this Beta release is below:
2012-09-14: Public Beta 12
* Crash in object properties expressions (e.g. visibility) fixed.
* Messages for view user data changes improved.
* Crash fixed when drag-deleting keyframes in timeline.
* "Bad geometry" bug fixed.
* "Disable animated view" dialog box pops up when not needed in Rhino 4.0.
* Custom tweening for view constraints works now.
* Timeline view keyframes update when view replaced by named view with animation data.
* Timeline & Curve editor: context menu cursor changed to cursor.
* Joint limits enabling/disabling hides/shows the needed UI.
* TravelDistance expression fixed.
* Object property general section split into more sub sections.
* Changing constraint heading works again.
* Dragging constraint object in animation mode will create keyframe (Bongo 1.0 feature).
* LookAt and ToPivot constraint only add one keyframe when assigned.
* Constrain parameter disabled in keyframe editor for LookAt and ToPivot constraints.
* Precision property for edit boxes added.
* Crash fix when editing expressions.
* Crash fix when dragging lights.
* Wrong plug-in version error handling improved.