**PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE**
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Beta versions should be production ready but may not have all the features or a final user interface.
Bongo 2.0 Beta 11 is now available from here.
**PLEASE NOTE – Beta 11**
Bongo 2.0 Beta 11 might change object animation in some old models due to a bug fix in the tweening!
This is the 11th Beta version of Bongo 2.0 for Rhino 4.0 and 5.0. The beta is open – you no longer need Bongo 1.0 to run it. We’ve been working hard on this, and we think the new features are a great addition to the product, but there’s still some way to go, so please let us know if you find any bugs or if there are features that you think we should still be considering.
The full documentation isn’t there yet, but you’ll find a number of tutorials on the new Bongo website at https://bongo3d.ning.com/ which demonstrates the power and flexibility of the new features. Let me know if you find them useful!
New Features in Version 2.0:
- Mechanical constraints (Inverse Kinematics)
- Multiple animations per file
- New curve editor
- Improved UI including keyframe editor and timeline
- Parameter animation for materials, environments, sun, textures and many more features.
Rhino versions supported: Bongo 2.0 requires a Rhino 4.0 CD key on the download page. Bongo 2.0 Beta testing is limited to Rhino 4.0 and 5.0 users. Rhino 4.0 Service Release 5 or later is required to install Bongo 2.0 and can be downloaded fromhttp://www.rhino3d.com/download.htm
Notes: Bongo 2.0 is a complete re-write of the Bongo plug-in. Most of the functionality of Bongo 1.0 has been replicated, but there may be some areas where Bongo 2.0 does not yet match the 1.0 functionality. Please let us know if you find these issues.
Notes: This is the current beta release of Bongo 2.0 for Rhino. Bongo 2.0 will read Bongo 1.0 files, but will save Bongo 2.0 data only. This data cannot be read by Bongo 1.0, so please backup any files before using them in Bongo 2.0.
Notes: The Bongo Video texture feature has not yet been implemented in the 64-bit version of Bongo 2.0.
Notes: There is currently no support in the 64-bit version for writing video directly from the Render Animation dialog box, but you can write single frames and make video files using the Bongo Video Encoder.
The complete list of changes in this Beta release is below:
2012-05-28: Public Beta 11
* More support/fixes for localization added.
* Render animation dialog: resolution type and chosen viewport remembered.
* Protection added for autosave and closing Rhino during rendering an animation.
* Added help and default buttons to object properties/keyframe editor sections.
* Timeline edit controls - up/down icon visible when dragging spinners.
* Selection in curve editor stays when dragging keyframe on timeline.
* Keyframe selection synchronisation between timeline and keyframe editor improved.
* Reset button added to timeline.
* Show curve editor command added to timeline menu.
* BongoLoadEntityFromFile working again.
* Notification on startup added to notify user that Rhino version is loading incompatible version of Bongo.
* Default video type changed to mpeg.
* Object hierarchy setting reflect global settings.
* Added "not accessible" message to monitor when values cannot be extracted from matrix.
* Changed message box text when animated views get replaced by named views.
* Animation manager entity context menu calls UI version of loading and saving.
* Rotate and Scale command run Bongo version of commands when animation button pressed.
* Group improvement in animation manager.
* IK crash bug fix (tick 0 unsolved).
* Texture icon in animation manager fixed.
* Look Along camera constraint supports length parameter to match Bongo 1.0.
* Render animation dialog has option for setting view capture delay.
* Scene updating while dragging keyframes on timeline.
* System added to prompt/warn user of view user data loss.
* Load/Save options added to context menu on animation manager.