**PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE**
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Beta versions should be production ready but may not have all the features or a final user interface.
Bongo 2.0 Beta 4 is now available from here.
This is the fourth Beta version of Bongo 2.0 for Rhino 4.0 and 5.0. The beta is open – you no longer need Bongo 1.0 to run it. We’ve been working hard on this, and we think the new features are a great addition to the product, but there’s still some way to go, so please let us know if you find any bugs or if there are features that you think we should still be considering.
The full documentation isn’t there yet, but you’ll find a number of tutorials on the new Bongo website at http://bongo3d.ning.com/ which demonstrates the power and flexibility of the new features. Let me know if you find them useful!
New Features in Version 2.0:
- Mechanical constraints (Inverse Kinematics)
- Multiple animations per file
- New curve editor
- Improved UI including keyframe editor and timeline
- Parameter animation for materials, environments, sun, textures and many more features.
Rhino versions supported: Bongo 2.0 requires a Rhino 4.0 CD key on the download page. Bongo 2.0 Beta testing is limited to Rhino 4.0 and 5.0 users. Rhino 4.0 Service Release 5 or later is required to install Bongo 2.0 and can be downloaded from http://www.rhino3d.com/download.htm
Notes: Bongo 2.0 is a complete re-write of the Bongo plug-in. Most of the functionality of Bongo 1.0 has been replicated, but there may be some areas where Bongo 2.0 does not yet match the 1.0 functionality. Please let us know if you find these issues.
Notes: This is the current beta release of Bongo 2.0 for Rhino. Bongo 2.0 will read Bongo 1.0 files, but will save Bongo 2.0 data only. This data cannot be read by Bongo 1.0, so please backup any files before using them in Bongo 2.0.
Notes: The Bongo Video texture feature has not yet been implemented in the 64-bit version of Bongo 2.0.
Notes: There is currently no support in the 64-bit version for writing video directly from the Render Animation dialog box, but you can write single frames and make video files using the Bongo Video Encoder.
The complete list of changes in this Beta release is below:
2011-03-31: Public Beta 4
- IK re-calculation improved.
- Removed unnecessary updating of the UI.
- Added menu support for groups in Animation Manager.
- Curve Editor handles easing now.
- Travel path displayed correctly in Curve Editor.
- Easing section on Keyframe Editor correctly disables when custom tangent selected.
- Bongo Morphing animates grip points changed through script.
- Keyframe Editor shows properties from all entity types (light, layer, object etc) again.
- Curve Editor left limit set to 0.
- Object transformation updates correctly when being dragged while animation mode is turned off.
- Advanced Hierarchy Settings are implemented now.
- Ik-calculation hangs up on model on opening fixed.
- 64-bit Bongo 2.0 has been updated to work with the new 64-bit Rhino 5.0 WIP.