**PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE**
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Beta versions should be production ready but may not have all the features or a final user interface.
Bongo 2.0 Beta 9 is now available from here.
This is the 9th Beta version of Bongo 2.0 for Rhino 4.0 and 5.0. The beta is open – you no longer need Bongo 1.0 to run it. We’ve been working hard on this, and we think the new features are a great addition to the product, but there’s still some way to go, so please let us know if you find any bugs or if there are features that you think we should still be considering.
The full documentation isn’t there yet, but you’ll find a number of tutorials on the new Bongo website at http://bongo3d.ning.com/ which demonstrates the power and flexibility of the new features. Let me know if you find them useful!
New Features in Version 2.0:
- Mechanical constraints (Inverse Kinematics)
- Multiple animations per file
- New curve editor
- Improved UI including keyframe editor and timeline
- Parameter animation for materials, environments, sun, textures and many more features.
Rhino versions supported: Bongo 2.0 requires a Rhino 4.0 CD key on the download page. Bongo 2.0 Beta testing is limited to Rhino 4.0 and 5.0 users. Rhino 4.0 Service Release 5 or later is required to install Bongo 2.0 and can be downloaded fromhttp://www.rhino3d.com/download.htm
Notes: Bongo 2.0 is a complete re-write of the Bongo plug-in. Most of the functionality of Bongo 1.0 has been replicated, but there may be some areas where Bongo 2.0 does not yet match the 1.0 functionality. Please let us know if you find these issues.
Notes: This is the current beta release of Bongo 2.0 for Rhino. Bongo 2.0 will read Bongo 1.0 files, but will save Bongo 2.0 data only. This data cannot be read by Bongo 1.0, so please backup any files before using them in Bongo 2.0.
Notes: The Bongo Video texture feature has not yet been implemented in the 64-bit version of Bongo 2.0.
Notes: There is currently no support in the 64-bit version for writing video directly from the Render Animation dialog box, but you can write single frames and make video files using the Bongo Video Encoder.
The complete list of changes in this Beta release is below:
2012-01-18: Public Beta 9
* BongoObjectSetParent renamed to BongoSelectParent.
* Clipping improved (animated point objects pivot often not fully displayed).
* Scene updates when objects are moved in unanimated state.
* Timeline and keyframe editor keyframe selection synchronization fixed.
* Fixed crash that happened during saving.
* User data deletion on viewport detected.
* Fixed crash during opening of a file.
* BongoScale/BongoRotate automatically executed when running Rhino rotate/scale command.
* Moved overlapping controls in Render animation dialog.
* Codec info display updates when changing video type.
* Switching 3d tweening updates keyframe and curve editor UI.
* Look along curve normal at frame 0 fixed.
* When viewport in shaded mode you can now change the transform data using the arrows.
* Expression for Position Z based on Position X fixed (expressions can use parameters pointing back to own object).
* Animation manager icon background changed.
* Animation manager: double click on object opens keyframe editor.
* Animation manager: animation set menu allows to switch to other set.
* Animation Sets: "current state" check boxes replaced.
* Expression error messaging improved.
* Expression text wrapping works.
* Tab order on dialogs fixed.
* Joint axis controls changed for non universal types.
* Reset option added to BongoChangeConstraintHeading command.
* Disabled animated objects not transformed anymore.
* Timeline compact mode remembered between sessions.
* Keyframe editor section state remembered.
* Bug in constrained view target fixed.
* Expression evaluator: asin, acos, atan and constant for Pi (pi) added.
* Added implicit expression: ObjectAngleX, ObjectAngleY and ObjectAngleZ.
* object transform monitor added.