**PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE**
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Beta versions should be production ready but may not have all the features or a final user interface.
Bongo 2.0 Beta 6 is now available from here.
This is the sixth Beta version of Bongo 2.0 for Rhino 4.0 and 5.0. The beta is open – you no longer need Bongo 1.0 to run it. We’ve been working hard on this, and we think the new features are a great addition to the product, but there’s still some way to go, so please let us know if you find any bugs or if there are features that you think we should still be considering.
The full documentation isn’t there yet, but you’ll find a number of tutorials on the new Bongo website at http://bongo3d.ning.com/ which demonstrates the power and flexibility of the new features. Let me know if you find them useful!
New Features in Version 2.0:
- Mechanical constraints (Inverse Kinematics)
- Multiple animations per file
- New curve editor
- Improved UI including keyframe editor and timeline
- Parameter animation for materials, environments, sun, textures and many more features.
Rhino versions supported: Bongo 2.0 requires a Rhino 4.0 CD key on the download page. Bongo 2.0 Beta testing is limited to Rhino 4.0 and 5.0 users. Rhino 4.0 Service Release 5 or later is required to install Bongo 2.0 and can be downloaded from http://www.rhino3d.com/download.htm
Notes: Bongo 2.0 is a complete re-write of the Bongo plug-in. Most of the functionality of Bongo 1.0 has been replicated, but there may be some areas where Bongo 2.0 does not yet match the 1.0 functionality. Please let us know if you find these issues.
Notes: This is the current beta release of Bongo 2.0 for Rhino. Bongo 2.0 will read Bongo 1.0 files, but will save Bongo 2.0 data only. This data cannot be read by Bongo 1.0, so please backup any files before using them in Bongo 2.0.
Notes: The Bongo Video texture feature has not yet been implemented in the 64-bit version of Bongo 2.0.
Notes: There is currently no support in the 64-bit version for writing video directly from the Render Animation dialog box, but you can write single frames and make video files using the Bongo Video Encoder.
The complete list of changes in this Beta release is below:
2011-10-24: Public Beta 6
- Copying a keyframe takes tweening into account.
- Changed expression section hint.
- Curve editor graph matches object transform in viewport.
- Keyframes updates in Keyframe Editor when moved on the timeline.
- Added animate button to the Curve Editor.
- Added animate menu item.
- Menu updates enable state.
- Added resize limits to curve control.
- Adding rotation/scale to an object from the timeline only adds the data for the selected axis.
- Added check for invalid constraints.
- Invalid constraints are "grayed out" in the constraint manager.
- New icons for add, delete, duplicate and edit.
- Bongo Looping menu item in Animation Manager works.
- Fixed Bongo Animation Limit dialog box caption.
- "View is animated" notification improved.
- Expressions can use parameters pointing back to own object.
- Render Animation: Frames to render values in synch.
- Text fixed on keyframe move and copy dialog.
- View simple constraints enabled by default.
- Fixed time interpolation (sun studies).
- Fixed evaluation check.
- Fixed crash in morphing code.
- Fixed crash when plugin fails to load.
- Fixed crash when dragging keyframes on timeline.
- Fixed shutdown crashes.
- Fixed a bug in expression parsing.
- Animation manager as tab in Rhino 5.0 builds added.
- Improved object transformation in Rhino 5.0.
- Keyframe editor menu item works no when UI plugin is not loaded.
- Added "Snap In Place" option to BongoSelctChildren command and right drag in animation manager.
- Curve and Keyframe editor trees support context menu.
- Fixed crash when dialog opened on top of splash screen.
- Rotation order on object sticks again.
- Added implicit expression: WorldX, WorldY, WorldZ, TravelDistance.
- Added auto completion for entities and parameters in expression editor.