**PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE**
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Beta versions should be production ready but may not have all the features or a final user interface.
Bongo 2.0 Beta 10 is now available from here.
**PLEASE NOTE – Beta 10**
Bongo 2.0 Beta 10 might change object animation in some old models due to a bug fix in the tweening!
This is the 10th Beta version of Bongo 2.0 for Rhino 4.0 and 5.0. The beta is open – you no longer need Bongo 1.0 to run it. We’ve been working hard on this, and we think the new features are a great addition to the product, but there’s still some way to go, so please let us know if you find any bugs or if there are features that you think we should still be considering.
The full documentation isn’t there yet, but you’ll find a number of tutorials on the new Bongo website at http://bongo3d.ning.com/ which demonstrates the power and flexibility of the new features. Let me know if you find them useful!
New Features in Version 2.0:
- Mechanical constraints (Inverse Kinematics)
- Multiple animations per file
- New curve editor
- Improved UI including keyframe editor and timeline
- Parameter animation for materials, environments, sun, textures and many more features.
Rhino versions supported: Bongo 2.0 requires a Rhino 4.0 CD key on the download page. Bongo 2.0 Beta testing is limited to Rhino 4.0 and 5.0 users. Rhino 4.0 Service Release 5 or later is required to install Bongo 2.0 and can be downloaded fromhttp://www.rhino3d.com/download.htm
Notes: Bongo 2.0 is a complete re-write of the Bongo plug-in. Most of the functionality of Bongo 1.0 has been replicated, but there may be some areas where Bongo 2.0 does not yet match the 1.0 functionality. Please let us know if you find these issues.
Notes: This is the current beta release of Bongo 2.0 for Rhino. Bongo 2.0 will read Bongo 1.0 files, but will save Bongo 2.0 data only. This data cannot be read by Bongo 1.0, so please backup any files before using them in Bongo 2.0.
Notes: The Bongo Video texture feature has not yet been implemented in the 64-bit version of Bongo 2.0.
Notes: There is currently no support in the 64-bit version for writing video directly from the Render Animation dialog box, but you can write single frames and make video files using the Bongo Video Encoder.
The complete list of changes in this Beta release is below:
2012-03-22: Public Beta 10
* Document tolerance for IK error calculation changed to customizable values for translation, rotation and scaling.
* Another keyframe selection synchronization improvement.
* Reticle draw color cleanup added (sun was painted red).
* Localization problems fixed.
* Messages printed to show edition when Bongo loads.
* Crash in morphing code fixed.
* Scrollbar added to Bongo document options page.
* Bongo options page checkbox strings cut off fixed.
* Changed BongoKeyframeEditorCmd name to BongoKeyframeEditor.
* Frames radio button deactivates the others and remains 'on'.
* File output location: Same as 3DM file option is clickable.
* Keyframe parameters sorted in curve and keyframe editor.
* Position parameter stays selected when toggling 3dTweening option.
* Turned off events on tree control when hidden.
* Multiple items selection state remembered.
* Expression position parameter works again.
* Monitor improved.
* History updates when transforming objects (preview not supported).
* Test command BongoObjectWorldTransforms removed.
* Object rotation space changed to World as a default to match Bongo 1.0.
* Animation sets with IK settings will update correctly when switching between sets.
* Adding an empty/precalcualted keyframe gives correct value type for position.
* When Tweening setting Input/Output match is set it displays correct values.
* Keyframe editor position values accepted when varies.
* Copied objects with Bongo data works proper.
* Animation manager updates when entity gets renamed.
* Keyframe editor updates when constrain deleted.
* Copy/Paste via CtrlC and CtrlV works in the Keyframe Editor input boxes.
* Clicking off Animation Manager selects the root item.
* Matched the behaviour of edit box changes.
* Constrain keyframes deleted when last constrain removed.
* BongoTimelineDeleteTicks command prompt fixed.
* Animation sets got context menu and can be activated by mouse click.
* IK system updates when parent-child relations changes.
* BongoMatchAnimationProperties updates animation manager if needed.
* Extended object context menu in animation manager.
* Option added to show/hide decoration on hidden objects.
* BongoTimelineInsertTicks does not pop up unnecessary message box.
* World/Object space rotation fixed.
* Fixed undo of timeline edit boxes.
* "A joint and a constraint" pivot functionality fixed.
* Curve path display fixed for objects with rotation keyframes.
* Timeline: multiple keyframe drag fixed.
* IK UI improved.
* Added Bongo 1.0 command BongoBonusSaveObjectCSVFile as BongoSaveObjectCSVFile.